Full Media List
46. March, 2017: Interview on CKLB Radio, 101.9 FM, Yellowknife. Interview with Ashley Anthony on Denedeh Sunrise: https://soundcloud.com/cklbradio/bill-quinton-live-on-denendeh-sunrise-10th-of-march-2017 or MP3.
45. March, 2017: The influence of taliks on permafrost thaw in the Northwest Territories, Canada. Changing Cold Regions Network, Spotlight on Student Research. http://www.ccrnetwork.ca/documents/HQP/CCRNSpotlight_Connon_PhD.pdf or PDF.
44. March, 2017: Laurier Press Release: Laurier field course gives Northwest Territories high school students experience combatting climate change. https://wlu.ca/news/news-releases/2017/march/laurier-field-course-gives-northern-high-school-students-experience-combatting-climate-change.html or PDF.
43. January, 2017: Extreme Camping, Ducks Unlimited publication: http://www.ducks.ca/stories/boreal-forest/extreme-camping/ or PDF.
41. August, 2016: CKLB Radio, 101.9 FM. Interview with Josh Campbell, News Reporter / Host. Discussion on how climate change is affecting the Deh Cho region of the NWT. https://soundcloud.com/cklbradio/deh-cho-perma-frost-research
40. December, 2015: Toronto Star. Falling lake an omen of change in global permafrost landscape. http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2015/12/21/falling-lake-an-omen-of-change-in-global-permafrost-landscape.html
39. December, 2015: Telephone interview with Michael Robinson, Toronto Star on 21 December, 2015 on how permafrost thaw results in landscape change.
38. November, 2015: A\J Alternatives Journal. Climate Warming and Aboriginal Communities in Northern Canada: Uncertain Futures. http://www.alternativesjournal.ca/community/events/climate-warming-and-aboriginal-communities-northern-canada-uncertain-futures
37. November, 2015: Laurier press release: https://www.wlu.ca/media/news-releases/november-2015/laurier-to-host-panel-on-the-effects-of-climate-change-in-canadas-north.html
36. November, 2015: 570 AM. Interview with Martin Bauman. http://www.570news.com/2015/11/19/laurier-panel-climate-change-posing-threat-to-canadas-north/
35. November, 2015: Scientific American. Permafrost Meltdown Raises Risk of Runaway Global Warming. Melting ground could release enough greenhouse gases to trigger catastrophic climate change http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/permafrost-meltdown-raises-risk-of-runaway-global-warming/
34. November, 2015: Climate Wire. Runaway global warming becomes a concern as permafrost melts. Thursday, November 19, 2015. http://www.eenews.net/stories/1060028256
33. September, 2015: Telephone Interview by G. Vaidyanathan of Climate Wire Magazine on 20 Sept., 2015 on how permafrost thaw is changing northern ecosystems.
32. August, 2015: Provided a two-day interpretive tour of the Scotty Creek research facility and site to G. Vaidyanathan, Reporter for Climate Wire / Scientific American.
31. April, 2015: Introductory remarks for “Water + Ice: Precious Resources, Principled Neighbours”. Panel discussion with Hon. M. Miltenberger, Minister of Finance and Minister of Environment & Natural Resources, Northwest Territories, and Ms. Merrell-Ann Phare, Chief Negotiator, Government of the NWT, and others. Youtube video: http://legacy.wlu.ca/page.php?grp_id=13495&p=23510
30. April, 2015: National Geographic, published 2 April, 2015. Reference to Scotty Creek in "Are Harvard's Dying Hemlocks a Warning for Trees Everywhere?". http://news.nationalgeographic.com/2015/04/150402-forest-die-off-climate-harvard-hemlocks-global-warming/?
29. January, 2015: Interviewed by Meagan Wohlberg, Northern Journal, 16 January, 2015. “Spreading southern wetlands, drying delta lakes: scientists predict the future of a warmer NWT”. http://norj.ca/2015/01/spreading-southern-wetlands-drying-delta-lakes-scientists-predict-the-future-of-a-warmer-nwt/
28. January, 2015: Interviewed by Randy Henderson, North Beat (TV), CBC North. CBC Studio, Yellowknife, 15 January, 2015. http://scottycreek.com/media/audio/28_CBC_INT_HYDROLOGIST%2001-26-2015.mp4
27. January, 2015: Legislature Talks: The Knowledge Series. Invited public presentation at the Legislature Building, Yellowknife: “A glimpse of the future: insights into water resources in a warmer NWT”, 14 January, 2015. Youtube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XaUgYDD5F8Q&feature=youtu.be
26. January, 2015: Interviewed by Ollie Williams. Moose FM - 100.1 CJCD Yellowknife, 13 January, 2015. http://scottycreek.com/media/audio/26_BILL-QUINTON-RAW_Moose-FM.mp3
25. January, 2015: Interviewed by Robyn Burns. CBC North. Yellowknife, 12 January, 2015. http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/north/researchers-say-n-w-t-permafrost-is-thawing-at-a-dramatic-rate-1.2900813
24. October, 2014: Interviewed by Ollie Williams. Moose FM - 100.1 CJCD Yellowknife, 3 October, 2014.
23. September, 2014: News Article, Dehcho Drum. Scientists study changing landscape: Researchers expanding permafrost studies at Scotty Creek. Thursday, September 4, 2014 p. 6. http://nnsl.com/archive/pdf-archives/
22. June, 2014: InsideLaurier (June 2014). Grad students spend three months at remote research site: Research in the Northwest Territories looks at how climate change is affecting the Far North. http://issuu.com/wilfridlaurieruniversity/docs/insidelaurier-april
21. April, 2014: Interviewed by Matt Holmes, Matt Holmes Show. CHML AM 900, Hamilton, 22 April, 2014. Discussion of Earth Day. http://scottycreek.com/media/audio/21_seg1-Bill-Quinton.mp3
20. September, 2013: Opening of the new Centre for Cold Regions and Water Science. YouTube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rhK1O_FHxs
19. October, 2013: Quinton radio interview. Host: Leonard Linklater, CBC Whitehorse – radio interview, 23 Oct., 2013. Oceanus share News and interviews CBC Radio wolf creek basin WLU project oct-21 2013 http://scottycreek.com/media/audio/19_CBC-North_Yukon_18Oct2013.mp3
18. October, 2013: Transcript of Minister Miltenberger’s speech to the Legislature on the Laurier-GNWTPartnership. http://news.exec.gov.nt.ca/j-michael-miltenberger-update-on-partnership-with-wilfrid-laurier-university/
17. October, 2013: Research@Laurier (October 11, 2013). Researcher feature on: opening of new centre for leading-edge research into cold regions and water science. http://www.wlu.ca/news_detail.php?grp_id=0&nws_id=11726
16. October, 2013: Research@Laurier (October 13, 2013). Researcher feature on Canadian Water Network Grant: Laurier researchers receive funding for Water Knowledge Application Network (WatKAN), Quinton, Baltzer, English et al. http://www.wlu.ca/research.
15. October, 2013: News article, Kitchener Record Article, Oct. 5th, 2013. http://www.therecord.com/news-story/4141714-new-laurier-centre-focused-on-water-cold-region-research/
14. September, 2013: Research@Laurier (September 9, 2013). Researcher feature on Quinton: “Research shows permafrost and ecosystems in the subarctic changing quickly”. http://www.wlu.ca/research.
13. September, 2013: Radio Canada International. Feature on Quinton/Baltzer/Sonnentag research at Scotty Creek, NWT. “Research shows permafrost and ecosystems in the subarctic changing quickly” by Marc Montgomery. http://www.rcinet.ca/en/2013/09/09/13345/
12. September, 2013: News Article, Dehcho Drum. Deh Cho muskeg at centre of climate change study, Thursday, September 5, 2013 p. 3. www.scottycreek.com/media/documents/12_Deh%20Cho%20Drum%205%20Sept.%2c%202013_p.3.pdf
11. September, 2013: News Article, Dehcho Drum. Country food reassurances offered at Kakisa workshop. Thursday, September 5, 2013 p.4. www.scottycreek.com/media/documents/11_Deh%20Cho%20Drum%205%20Sept.%2c%202013_p.4.pdf
10. September, 2013: News Article, Dehcho Drum. Muskeg offers climate clues. Thursday, September 5, 2013 p.7 www.scottycreek.com/media/documents/10_Deh%20Cho%20Drum%205%20Sept.%2c%202013%2c%20p.7.pdf
9. September, 2013: Provided a two-day interpretive tour of the Scotty Creek research facility and site to the NASA/ABoVE (Arctic Boreal Vulnerability Experiment) Science Advisory Team.
8. August, 2013: Provided a one-day interpretive tour of the Scotty Creek research facility and site to a delegation including R. Thompson, Reporter for the Decho Drum, M. Miltenberger, NWT Minister of Environment, representatives from the Decho First Nation, and others.
7. August, 2013: Featured article by journal. Williams, T. W. Quinton and J. Baltzer, 2013. Linear disturbances on discontinuous permafrost: implications for thaw-induced changes to land-cover and drainage patterns. http://environmentalresearchweb.org/cws/article/news/54403. PDF: http://scottycreek.com/media/documents/7_environmentalresearchweb.org_cws_article_news_54403.pdf
6. July, 2012: CBC North radio interview with Joslyn Osenbrug (The Trailbreaker).
5. January, 2012: Research@Laurier (Winter, 2012). Laurier awash in major water research. Researcher feature on northern water research at Laurier. http://www.wlu.ca/research. PDF: http://scottycreek.com/media/documents/5_Research@Laurier_winter_2012_final.pdf
4. October, 2010: CBC-North TV interview with Deneze Nakehk'o (Northbeat), Climate warming in the north. Prince of Wales Northern Heritage Centre (4 October, 2010).
3. July, 2008: Research@Laurier (Summer, 2008). Researcher feature on the Laurier Institute for Water Science: “It’s all about water”. http://www.wlu.ca/research. PDF: http://scottycreek.com/media/documents/3_LIWS excerpt.pdf
2. December, 2007: Unlocking the secrets of climate change, by Roxanna Thompson, Northern News Services (13 December, 2007). PDF: http://scottycreek.com/media/documents/2-dec13_07bil.pdf
1. December, 2007: Problems Ahead for Canada’s Water Supply. The Record (Kitchener), Research File (8 December, 2007). PDF: http://scottycreek.com/media/documents/1-Quinton_Dec_8_07.pdf